Sunday 1 February 2009

What To Hold On For Now?

People said i seemed well at Christmas and then again at my baptism a few weeks later.

Was i well?
Not really, but i guess i felt it at the time.

I know since then i've got a lot, lot worse.
My breathing is my slow killer and it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon.

One person at my church got upset the other week, as they thought me being dunked when i had my baptism had been the cause of my rapid deterioration....it really wasn't.

I think since the news of me not being around much longer started there were certain things, not really made public, that i knew in my mind i really wanted to try and be around for.

Two of the more recent events were those mentioned above...
Christmas
and My Baptism.

I think that's why i've got worse since then, i havn't really got any more things, planned or unplanned to really focus on. Sure everyday i should focus on but it's not the same.

I recently got to my 20th birthday. I wanted to make it to there and i achieved that. I knew i wouldn't make the milestone that is 21, but to me, 20 has been a bigger milestone than any that have passed or will have done.

I made it. And for that, i couldn't be happier.


EDIT: I just realised that one of the things on my "list" i wanted to do was leave a legacy.
Pleae check out this page and with anything you have, help me leave even the tiniest piece of a legacy. http://www.justgiving.com/amynicholls

No comments: