Wednesday 24 September 2008

Running out of Miracles...

Yesterday was a bad day.

We went for the results of my scan. They weren't good. The cancer has spread and grown even bigger than before. It's pushing my organs around and pushing the frame of my body out of shape, hence all my pain.

We had a talk with my doctor. That was the hardest part of the day. As he sees it, there are limited options as it is. They don't know what to do, so much so, he literally went on google to see what it says on there. Is it really that bad? That's not a good sign. I have a lot of pain and we can't figure out what's causing it or how to blunt it.

All along, we had figured there was a possible way out. A way to maybe control the pain because at the moment, that's all they are interested in doing as they can't do much else. A new chemo, a new way to attack it. But we may be running out of those. The box of miracles may be emptying out.

We're not giving up, but it's getting harder to stay optimistic on a day like that.

Like I said, this was a tough one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give in yet Aimz, we have so much more to do! xx

Anonymous said...

I don't think for a second those miracles have run out just yet, being here right now is a miracle in itself, yes? Keep in there girlie :)