Monday 13 April 2009

Amy Nicholls 25/01/1989 - 09/02/2009

Amy fought long and hard, against this thing called cancer. She was determined not to let it beat her. Very sadly Amy lost her fight on Monday the 9th of February 2009. Although in a way, the cancer beat her in the end, in another way it didn't, cause even though she is no longer here in person, she will live on forever in our hearts and minds and will never be forgotten. This is a copy of Amy's testimony, that she wrote when she was baptised, on the 4th of January which seem to sum up, the way Amy saw things:

“I've heard it said that when God created each one of us our outcomes and destiny's were always predetermined. Our life was already planned out for us, like an unopened book just waiting to be read. I kinda like this way of looking at it and have always gone by the term "even if the destination is predetermined, it's the journey that counts..and what a fun journey I’m having so far.
I also believe that we are sent to earth with a set birth and death date. God knows what is going to happen at each and every turn of our life and we through him must complete whatever we were sent to earth to achieve, then once completed, he calls us home.
I also like this way of looking at life.
I also now know what my mission on this earth was, mine was to face a big battle and show people that even in the face of such hardship and adversity, with a boat load of courage, strength and a smile on your face you can get through anything, achieving many other goals, aspirations and having a damn good time along the way. Oh and not forgetting putting 100% of your faith and trust in the lord, knowing he is there walking beside you every step of the way!
That's my mission, that's my goal and this baptism? It's just another page in the book of my life. I hope you enjoy sharing this page with me today.
You see to me; Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out and proclaiming,
'WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!”


I hope that these blogs will bring some comfort to those who read them, and will be an encouragement to others who are going through a similar fight.
Sleep well our Angel, till we see you again, in a better place xxx
Andrew, Kim, Matthew and Alice
Amy's family xxx

www.justgiving.com/amynicholls

No comments: