Saturday 7 July 2007

Cancer is like a Box of Chocolates

Ever had that feeling of being exhausted even after a good night's sleep?

It seems to be happening to me a lot recently.
I just don't have any energy anymore.
Things i used to find easy are becoming ever so slightly harder.
I wake up in the morning and by lunchtime it feels like i never went to bed, like i missed a night's sleep. My energy is zapped.

I'm still going on with this strong chemotherapy. Had my second lot of it on thursday. I've been really ill with it again, hence why i'm updating this blog on a weekend, i didn't have the energy to do anything again. I have to sit down and rest nearly every ten or fifteen minutes and i can't seem to stand up for to long anymore.

Cancer really is like a box of chocolates. That's how i see it.
You have the chocolates you like and the chocolates you hate.
On a good day it feels like you've picked a good chocolate and on a bad day, a bad chocolate.
The only thing is the chocolates are disguised in colourful wrappers, wrappers that represent life, represent that day that has started. You don't know if it's a bad chocolate or a good chocolate until you unwrap it.

Lately i seem to be picking a lot of bad chocolates, bad days.
Hmmm i never really liked chocolate anyway....


.....Jelly beans anyone? :)

No comments: