Friday 31 August 2007

Making the most of it!

I realised i hadn't updated this blog in a while so i thought i'd post about the last few weeks following my last lot of news.

As most of you know i have a pretty big transplant coming up soon. Well before this starts my doctor needed to run a tonne of tests to see how well parts of my body are working ready for all the harcore treatment.

It's all pretty hyper at the moment and i'm getting tossed around for one test after the other.
Yesterday i was at the hospital for two different tests, my heart echo scan and an ECG - oh and also a kidney test.

My kidney test was scheduled at half nine in the morning. I had to be injected with a dye and then hourly for the next four hours i had to return to have a blood test. If my kidneys are working ok, the amount of dye in my blood should have decreased every hour.

Unfortunately my heart scan was not scheduled until 4:10 in the afternoon at a completely different hospital. There was no point going home so we had to wait around a good few hours.
The heart scans are a pain and i won't really go into detail as to why, let's just say you don't have much dignity left after them!

We finally got home yesterday and i was completely shattered. All together we'd been at the hospital a grand total of 12 hours - most of this time was spent doing absolutely nothing apart from waiting around.

We've got a few more tests in the next week including a bone marrow aspirate on monday and a lung function test on tuesday.
Got to go back and see the doctor on the 11th of september, the day after my PET scan, for the results.
Will update here and let you all know how they went.

Until then i'm free from the hospital for that little bit longer, and i intend to make the most of it :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, thought i'd send you a comment =]

Hope the results come back possative =]

Speak to you soon i hope

Mil
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.