Thursday 10 May 2007

Same Old Story?

Wow, what a weird week it's been.

Ever had one of those days where everything seems to go wrong?
Well i certainly had one of those today.

Got into the clinic this morning to be greeted with tonnes of people...all waiting to be seen by a doctor and recieve treatment.
I've never seen so many people there on a thursday for absolutely ages.

We ended up seeing a different doctor today who didn't seem to know about much that was going on with my treatment. She had no idea if the surgeon had got back to us and didn't seem like she knew an awful lot about it....kind of disappointed i didn't see my usual doctor.

My blood count was fine so i was given the go ahead with the vinblastine.
After what seemed like forever, we finally went in to have it.
Took the doctor four attempts to get a cannula in my veins....very annoying, not to mention painful.
I had the chemotherapy eventually and could finally go home.

Ooo and then we missed the train....just my luck.

Overall a kind of sucky day today. Nothing seemed to go right and we still don't have any more news on the surgeon. Have got to return next week for another lot of vinblastine so hopefully the other doctor will be back.


On a more exciting note....

I am off to London in a few days for a little break with my mom.

It's going to be great and i'm super excited! Just a chance to get away from everything...even if it is just two days :)

I'm praying for good weather though, it doesn't seem to be that nice at the moment.

I know we're going to have great fun, lots of laughs and brilliant shows to look forward too.
Also heard a few new riffs in a couple of songs i love so i'm praying for them tooo, haha :D

Will update next week and let you know how i get on with the doctor, fingers crossed he will have some news!

Ooo and check this video out if you have time....
It was when me and some of my friends from the ward went to a conference called Find Your Sense Of Tumour (FYSOT)
It's where teenagers with cancer come together from all over the U.K and abroad to share experiences and just party, party, party :P
We always have an amazing time there and i always come away with fond memories, great new friendships and knowing more about my cancer and how it affects me and other people :)

No comments: