Thursday 31 May 2007

Laugh Out Loud - Though it's not really funny!

Once again back in clinic this week for a shot of my regular chemotherapy drug Vinblastine.

Apparently one of the doctors has decided to increase the rate of it so i will be even more exhausted than i usually am - great!

No real news this week as my doctor has gone on holiday for a week, the lucky git!
So i'm left here waiting once again and won't find out anything 'til next week.

I had to get checked over by another doctor however as i have had a cough and cold for the past week. She says i've most likely got a chest infection so i've got to take cough medicine, YUCK! Lol!

Someone said to me today,
"Amy, how come you are always smiling when like the worst thing is happening to you?"

And i just laughed. I told her that if i didn't laugh, i would cry you know? I don't see the point of moping around feeling all sorry for yourself when you can't really change anything by doing that. You've just got to go ahead and fight it, oo and keep smiling :)

Catched up with the legend of a macmillan nurse Claire and had a laugh and joke with her. She's brilliant!

Apart from that nothing really happened i feel kind of lousy today actually, i think it's just the cold and everything.....oooh and the fact that my guinea pig died today.
Bless his little heart, the poor thing.

Oooo and my flippin' hair has started to come out. The doctor near enough promised that the chemo i'm on wouldn't make it come out,but obviously it has.
It's coming out quite a lot but i'm doing well at covering it with my remaining hair at the moment - if it comes out anymore i might just have it shaved off again, lol. BALDIE! BALDIE! Haha! So if you have any spare hats lying around you know where to send them!

I am hoping i will finally hear some news next week and that the doctors have come to a decision, i will update here as soon as i have any.

Until then, keep smiling people. It could brighten someone's day :)

No comments: