Thursday 21 June 2007

First Day......Of HELL

Hmmm, i can write a few words to express how today was,

Stressful, Hell, Sad, Lonely, Annoying..... i could go on.


Yes, today was the first day of my new chemotherapy - ABVD.
I thought things might have gone according to plan.
The doctor told me i'd only be in there for four hours....

.....Eight hours altogether, funny four hours that turned out to be.

Everything was going fine. I'd had the three lots of new chemotherapy and was being administered my final chemotherapy drug, which was supposed to be over half an hour.

The senior nurse put it up fine and told one of the other nurses to keep an eye on it.
I was feeling fine and quite suprised that i wasn't feeling the slightest bit sick.
That was until the senior nurse came back from her lunch break.

Turns out the chemotherapy hadn't gone through and i'd been sitting there for an hour with nothing going into me.
My cannula had now clotted and i had to have it removed.

What followed was a painstaking half an hour of cannula jabs here and there as the stupid woman tried to put a new one in.
I swear she hit a raw nerve with me. I ended up in tears. It was just that stressful and annoying, i wanted to be anywhere but there.

In the end i finally got another cannula in and the chemotherapy got completed, a total of four hours after it was supposed to.
I can't explain the sheer boredom of sitting in a bed, being strapped to a rickety old dripstand, doing nothing. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

All i'm hoping is it's not like this the next time i go. I've been ill, been sick and i don't know how long it's going to go on for.
I'm just glad i've got a week to recover. Not due back until another fortnight. I think i'll need that long to get over this lot.

Roll on next week eh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep strong Amy! It'll all turn out right in the end, if you stick with faith hope and love =] I'll be praying for ya as much as I can!

See you someday!
-Jim

Anonymous said...

Keep going strong and keep fighting it!

Oh and do what you do best...keep smiling =]