Thursday 7 June 2007

Why do all good things come to an end?

How time flies eh?
I can't believe we have entered June already. Only seems like yesterday when i heard my cancer had returned and yet that was four months ago.

What can i say about today?
Still didn't get any news that was definate and it seems that now in reality, i don't think anything is definate when it comes to this type of thing.

Finally saw my actual consultant this week and he informed us that the major meeting with all the doctors and nurses, that was supposed to be on monday, didn't happen.
This once again means that nothing definate has been planned.
The meeting is rescheduled for this monday and the doctor will phone me and let me know the outcome.

The most likely action now is ABVD the treatment i spoke about in a previous post. The doctor has wrote me in to start recieving it in two weeks time, whether it will go ahead or not i won't know until Monday.

Radiotherapy has come back a no-no. The radiographer is reluctant in giving me any treatment at the moment as he is anxious of the outcome. I had a funny feeling this wouldn't go ahead anyway.

The ABVD treatment takes 6 hours and i am hooked up to a drip and given the drugs intraveniously. I suppose the upside is that i won't be staying in hospital for days on end.

It's still waiting around now really. At least we near enough know that the ABVD is definately going ahead, just got to wait until monday for definate.
I will update here then and let everyone know.

As for the good things coming to an end?
I've just had the greatest time ever in London and it seems as always it ended too soon. Everything was perfect and i hate that feeling of returning home from something that awesome - it feels like you were never away. Kind of like a world away from what i'm used to.

Shame though really, as in some ways my cancer has been a good thing. I can't really explain it but it has changed me for the better.
Ironic though that if this cancer's been a good thing, why hasn't it come to an end yet?

No comments: