Thursday 14 June 2007

The Girl With Cancer

Ahhh what a rubbish day it's been.

Crappy weather, crappy hospital and i'm feeling pretty crappy myself.

Had my hair shaved today.
I knew it would eventually happen and i knew what to expect, didn't stop me feeling completely awful.
Sitting in the salon chair is normally something us girls love, well not this time.
I watched as my hair fell off and landed around me. I can't explain it but at that one moment something changed again for me.


I'm no longer Amy.
I'm Amy - the girl with cancer.

When i still had my hair it was easier. Noone knew i was fighting cancer unless i chose to tell them myself. Now, looking at my hat covering my head, everyone will know i've got cancer. I can't hide it anymore. It's made everything seem more real and i'm all the more determined to fight it! And i guess every cloud does have a silver lining - i save a fortune on shampoo :)

Got into the hospital this morning expecting my mild chemotherapy before i started my new ABVD treatment next week.
As always though things didn't seem to go that way.
My doctor was away (again) and it seemed that the other doctor we had to see had written me up for ABVD this week. He also sent me for a heart scan that also wasn't planned.
To be honest, i didn't need it. I thought we'd just come in for routine treatment, then we get loaded with everything else. More stress that wasn't really needed and for the first time ever i got really pissed off.

The doctor's eventually sorted it and i got given my normal chemotherapy - ABVD starts next week as planned.
I was so glad to get home today. I've got a nice day to rest tomorrow and then it's off to London for the weekend.....frankly i can't wait :)

P.S I've been getting people asking me about getting a regular update of my blog. If you scroll to the bottom of this blog you will see something that says "Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)" You can subscribe to the blog that way and you will get the updates sent to the computer under your favourites. If you aren't computer literate i can also send an update to your email address and it's all easier for you, just let me know :)
Hope that helps!

No comments: