Wednesday 25 June 2008

The Hard Part....

I've been in a lot of pain recently. The cramps in my arm don't seem to be improving and the lack of sleep is really starting to catch up with me. I saw a different consultant the other week and he told me to increase my tablets. If by next week it doesn't get any better, i may go back for a second opinion. There are too many things coming up that i am no way missing!

But it's hard to really concentrate on all that. I've lost a friend this past week, and I guess I'm still trying to make sense of that. Trying and failing.

I don't think the loss of a good friend ever really makes sense. I think it's more a question of finding some way to accept it. That's the hard part.

We still pick up the phone to call them or open up a document to send an email, only to have to remind ourselves that they're gone. Especially when they're young, it's hard not to dwell on how much life went un-lived.

Actually, it all pretty much comes down to one thing: There's never a right time for them to die.

No... old or young, accident or illness, sudden or expected, it all comes down to the same thing. When we lose someone, we miss them.

No comments: