Tuesday 15 July 2008

Another year in the life....

Around this time last year i was told they were running out of options for me, I spent a lot of time thinking about how to tell people. How do you break that kind of news? How do you put that fear and sadness into words?

Well, it's a year on and I'm still here.

Let's face it, I didn't expect to still be around. My doctors certainly didn't expect me to be. My friends and family were scared that I wouldn't still be here. But here I am. So how do I explain that?

I have good doctors, the best in the business. And they're willing to try their damned hardest for me.

I have the thoughts and prayers from all of you. I am truly blessed. Or to put it another way, I am truly well-armed when it comes to this fight with cancer.

But how have I managed to beat the odds? Why didn't I just die when my first doctors predicted I would?

I don't really have an answer for that. I'm stubborn, and I'm sure that's part of it. I'm pretty strong, and I'm sure that's part of it, too.

And I still have more living to do. More blogs to write, more places to see, more laughs to be had...that keeps me going too.

But when I stop and think about it, I realize it's just not my time yet. I still have too much to do.

Here's to another year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Here IS to another year xx