Monday 24 November 2008

The Cancer Rollercoaster...

We have talked about the roller coaster that is cancer. I think this is a perfect example. A couple of weeks up, improving, then a couple of weeks down, that improvement lost. I've gotten used to the coaster, at least as much as I can. But it sure would be nice to get a nice level stretch for a while to let me catch my breath, settle my stomach and get ready for that next drop. But this isn't that kind of ride I guess. No slow spots, no timeouts, it's full speed ahead every day.

So all I can do is hold my hands up in the air and yell as I ride down this radiation hill, knowing that on the other side there will be a long climb upward to the top of the next hill. Or have I carried this metaphor too far? In any case, I've
given up the hope that the Beast will slow down at all. So I just have to keep up with it. Actually, I guess I'd better try to stay one step ahead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll do great sweetie, just hang in there and keep strong! We're all riding this rollercoaster with you xx